Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dear Online Dating DoucheBag

I wasn't planning to discuss my love life - really, because there isn't much to discuss - but just because this was supposed to be a less introspective blog. Still, after just experiencing a very strange/normal encounter, I can only repeat it for sheer 'I told you myself-ness.'

Where is this key?
I'm an internet dater, not ashamed to admit. Combination of not hitting the bars so much and also living my work both professionally and coming home to write more. Anyway, I've recently been emailing Douchebag as he is now known. Perfectly okay guy but a few instincts flared - firstly, claiming a job that seemed a bit unrealistic, and then ick factor of immediately launching into phrases such as 'Hey Cutie' ... 'Hi Sexy' without a real invitation to. After a few conversations with this littered all over the convo, I thought, I'm calling him on it - witness the below transcript your Honour.

First the message left for me after we'd missed each other chatting:

DB said Hey spunky.....Im on ever night....but only for you xxxx

The transcript of tonight's convo:

DB said So, what else you been up to? - I was looking at your pics, and didnt realise you were soo cute...
You said Charmer...also slightly skeezy? I don't mean to offend, just seems to be coming on a little strong? If you're looking for just a hookup, no harm, no foul - that's just isn't me. [Sorry for offloading - I'm in a very direct mood tonight]
DB said Well thats cool....not looking to sound skeezy.....
You said Sorry, it's just I've run into a few dodgy guys on here, so I'm a tad sceptical about it and with no tone, I'm probably reading them far differently than you intend
DB said yes, perhaps you are
 
And then he disconnected the chat and basically hauled ass away from me!?
 
My immediate reaction was of course - knew it! Do you think I was too direct?  

1 comment:

  1. Definitely skeezy. Nah, you weren't too direct-- you just stated your intentions. :)

    ReplyDelete