Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Offspring Recap: Births, No Deaths and Modern Day Marriages.

Previously on Offspring, Nina’s pregnant pause as we wait for blood tests to confirm Broody Bub and it’s her birthday! Mick became Public Douchebag No. 1 by emotionally siding with Feisty Orange and then hanging up on Billie. Alfie took a turn for the worst, and the Proudman’s await news!

Nina does a bit of her job, to kick of the episode, zooming in and out of baby land and clearly showing poor Nina won’t be able to get her mind off babies on her birthday. A LOT of baby talk in the first sentence there! Also at the hospital, Little Alfie is still struggling on, and Zara has basically moved into the Proudman Emotional Lounge.
You thought I was broody sexy, wait till you see fatherly sexy. You'll be screaming!
In the park of fancy sunny Melbourne that looks oddly like a New York nod, Billie is seeing visions of Mick/Feisty Orange, visions that are actually physically painful. Cherie seems to be back in lecture mode, being the bastion of sensibility and normalcy – whose Dad did you want to re-impregnate you again? Nina sympathises, as a lifetime fantasy see. In her fantasy sequence/flash forward (is this Lost?) apparently Nina believes Patrick made himself clear about not wanting a baby and repeats this during her delivery. Nina has a tizzy meltdown in the park, because she can’t separate Patrick from the baby as a choice and this forces her to literally run off into the park and to his doorstep.

I'm here to replace the sex vase that I broke.
Safely avoiding all drinks offered, they have a chat at the scene of the sexy hallway crime, Nina rambles into her I am woman who can raise a baby solo chant and Patrick with his pure inability to say ANYTHING, lets her drive a wedge between them. He then birthday gifts them a once couple planned five day horse trip, which we learn Nina ‘always’ wanted to do. In Nina’s fantasy she rides horses holding hands, which from my many years watching McLeod’s Daughters experience can tell her is not a good idea.

Farmer Wants a Highly Neurotic Flighty Female Wife
Doc Dad calls not with baby news and completely forgets that Nina actually might be waiting. He also has a wildly large present that is making up for all the years he missed! It’s lovely but then weirdly stalker like and means Nina will always check under the bed for Doc Dad. Darcy interrupts them, and in the awkward conversation it is revealed to Nina that Mama Proudman is continuing her completely selfish ways of doing her own thing first, and foremost.
Feisty Orange and Mick are appearing on The Circle and in a Billie fantasy scene, revealing all their very personal news on live TV. I know some Circle producers, this wouldn’t fly. In reality, they sing the, of course, lovely song with keyboards facing each other like Elton John and Billie Joel but with less sequins and more sexual chemistry. Billie, from seeing their singing chemistry is emo sad and decides singing to herself in the mirror, in an off key, weird tone is in no way going to help her feel happy.


The Circle, now with more gazing duets. Still less Chrissie Swan.
Nina goes home for a shower and discovers some bleeding, and this confirms in her mind, she’s not pregnant which is then further misery-ed by Billie’s arrival. Post ad break, Nina has decided she was just period late, and not pregnant but still Billie looks quizzically at her boobs. The baby-gone offer has made Nina realise that maybe she wanted a Broody Bub. Billie offers to untell Patrick, which after her epic rant on his cowardice, I would pay to see. Billie says accidents can be unifying and this could get them back together.

Maybe if you'd had green sheets, he would have stayed?
Alfie is on the mend, getting better – everyone heads to the hospital to celebrate – which seems too SOON. Nina has a very sweet conversation with baby Alfie and marvels at tiny baby fingers, which really, shouldn’t everyone? Tiny baby fingers are awesome.

Awwh!
Darcy decides to one up Doc Dad in the Nina Birthday Stakes that includes finding a party venue close to the hospital. 
Zara asks Nurse Kym to be Alfie’s Godmother and I applaud the choice, don’t drag more Proudmans into this, he’s got their DNA, that’s enough.

Mick and Feisty arrive back from the TV appearance and she tries to start a farewell, Mick still offers his emotionally cheating heart services on keys but she stays ‘strong’ and farewells him and they part without actually, having done anything, except stare longingly and release a moderately successful single.

Australia would have bitch slapped the shit out of me, if you'd left Billie.
Patrick comes and talks with Jimmy at Alfie’s bedside and we learn that Patrick has been around a bit helping support the Jara (Jimmy-Zara, it's their new name, get on board). Patrick marvels at tiny baby toes. If Nina and Patrick’s fingers don’t meet over tiny baby torso, then it’s a missed opportunity.

Awwh!! 2.0

Top Deck: Level Broody at the car park and Nina runs into Patrick and his Volvo of angst. Patrick however, is buoyant with his enthusiasm about wanting to be involved in Nina’s not Broody Bub. She breaks it to him, that no deal, just major PMS case and repeats her ‘I wish this had never Happened’ mantra and of course, the miscommunication of Nina not shutting up causes Patrick to again, shut down.

Farewell Chris Havel Balcony, emotional confrontations take place here now!
In the space of a few minutes and an undone pregnancy scare, the Proudman family have managed to rustle up a full fancy dress party with impressive costumes in a hospital. Mick arrives announcing to Billie he is pissed off, and willing to get over Billie’s apparent way getting. When they go on an alcohol run, he continues to be a douche, blaming her for his feelings. They both desperately agree to not become Patrick and Nina and then suddenly become wise sages in the Sav Blanc section and we get old-school, vintage flavour Mick back, and they agree to support each other and not read into chemistry. Mick also agrees to keep his pants on and Billie runs off with plans to make amends.

Sav Blanc makes the world turn and couples stay together. FACT!
Billie heads to Feisty Orange’s, and declares that she will beg to get him back, because she wants him to be the best version of himself he can.
Back at Costume Party of Awkward Emotions, Patrick declares liking the Proudmans manic weirdness because it’s nice. As the music is raised louder and louder, they can’t hear each other – and we can’t be hit in the head anymore on this message. Billie arrives back, with Feisty and Wagging Son in tow and peace is reigning in the valley. Darcy and Mama Proudman make a semi-amends also and both apologise for being slutty at various points in their lives.

What? Oh, me, just hanging this thing, flexing my stare muscles.
Nina and Patrick stare at each in a lusty, angsty way for a VERY long time. It’s like their SIXTEEN. He retreats to Top Deck: Broody Level and he runs into Doc Dad, and they meet for the first time (really?), Doc Dad is charmingly awkward and Patrick is smiling with his deep seated Nina love. Doc Dad gives Patrick a real push in the step up direction, reminding that regret is no way to live but without the added pressure that causes Patrick to hide in motel rooms.

I take your broody stare and raise you a damsel in costume stare!
Nina catches up with Jimmy and they share a little mutual love, and advice giving. Then Jara catch up and she declares her reserved yet deep love for Jimmy. They decide to try and the Indian makes out like a bandit. Cherie tells Clegg, that she’s free to bone the bunny, but she’s not sure what means beyond that.

Shit! I didn't nominate a safety word.
Back at the costume party where everyone’s costumes magically fit quite well. We’ve blindfolded Nina, and she is either dying or party pin-yaddering as Patrick and her life flashes before her eyes. The entire party also learns that Nina was possibly pregnant and everyone, seriously, everyone discusses how no one is quite sure why they broke up, Nina’s confusion over the Patrick kids issue and just basically recapped my recaps of the past thirteen weeks. 

Just as Nina’s about to lose it with all their thoughts, Patrick shows up and steps up MAN STYLE, clearly and loudly announces that he LOVES her, WANTS to be with HER and would have LOVED the baby. And they PASH THEIR LITTLE HEARTS OUT!

I HAVE EMOTIONS! I WANT TO FEEL!
Then Doc Dad reveals that thanks to an iPhone of Non-Doom, Nina is actually pregnant. She isn’t so sure, but a dash through the hospital in costume mixed with a dance montage, is awesome. Dance montages seriously make everything better, without fail.

The couple that ultrasounds together, stays together.
Together the two doctors perform a super sexy ultra sound, with sexy undressing and sexy mood lighting to determine if we’ve got a Broody Bub and there it is! And the smile that Patrick greets Nina with IS DAZZLING! DAMN YEAH! And that’s Season Three folks!

It's a full beam, LEVEL TEN PATRICK REID SMILE PEOPLE!
Sound off in the comments below and don't forget that I'll be looking back at the season that was in the coming days.

52 comments:

  1. Awesome, grinned as much reading this as through the episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, loved your recap. I loved that ultrasound end, had to put aside a reaction to Patrick's superwide grin as after all the sulking he has donethis series I had forgotten he could smile, but otherwise a great way to end the series, given the context of the show. I thought a little sad there was no balcony scenes, especially as they way things wrapped up it looks like possibly no more offspring (sob).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad the balcony didn't get some finale loving. Happily, with two more seasons now confirmed, we can be pretty hopeful that the Chris Havel Memorial balcony will be back.

      Delete
  3. Loved this as much as watching the show . Laughed out load at Farmer wants a wife and "If Nina and Patrick’s fingers don’t meet over tiny baby torso, then it’s a missed opportunity."
    Keep writing!
    liked the episode but too many stares and not enough talking between P and N. I agree like 16 year olds. Hope for a series 4 and they may speak to each other. Any news on series 4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very belated but super appreciated thanks! I felt the staring was just a tad overdone considering we'd had almost three weeks back to back.

      Delete
  4. Epic as usual! McLeods, moderately successful single, without the added pressure that causes Patrick to hide in motel rooms, sexy green sheets - all of it! Will hang around to read more and thank you for the posts.

    The writing has been weak this season and this ep was no different. Best moments were Billie singing - Kat Stewart you are awesome. Doc Dad in just about every scene-Garry McDonald you are awesome. And after doing the usual Patrick and Nina acting (much as I hate to say this because I love Asher the Nina awkwardness needs to be toned down a bit) and a public declaration that is becoming a tiring movie resolution means, Asher and Matt just nailed the last scene, it was quiet and perfect and somehow made sense inspite of all that had gone before. And with that Offspring absolutely pulled off an OTP with so many feels (to use tumblr language!-also for a show about 30 somethings tumblr seems to have so many teen Offspring shrines). And wonder how it feels for Matt to have gone from relative unknown to heartthrob, I had a quick look at twitter - his feed must be spammed today.

    The cast needs an ensemble award.

    And even if they don't do S4 a movie/telemovie on Bringing up Baby is in order!

    Thanks for the recaps once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I whole heartedly agree that the party interaction between Patrick and Nina wasn't really enough - very yr 8 disco like behaviour (I wouldnt even say 16yr olds).

      I would have liked them to talk a bit more when they got back together - rather than an "i love you and it was all my fault - I messed you around".

      However the last scene - 100% agree - totally nailed it! The cast are AMAZING!

      Delete
    2. The finale, while chock of block full of awesome moments, felt slightly rushed and very eager to tie up all loose ends, in case a new season wasn't signed. As a fan I appreciate and hate that in equal measure.

      Delete
  5. Well I for one loved the episode (although the amount of ads was a bit ridiculous).

    I’m not sure if I was just over emotional, but I teared up a few times through this episode. Not full balling my eyes out, but tears well and truly welling.

    So many highlights so little time!

    Firstly yay for Alfie! So happy he is ok (for the time being at least). It was rather moving seeing Nina with him. Its interesting she has been around babies so much (given her profession), however I don’t recall her interacting with one like this. I guess it’s different when its family (and personal baby issues are in the mix).

    I can’t not mention when Patrick was with Alfie – I think Patrick/Matt le Nevez reached a new level of drool-worthiness. I swear I could hear Australian women having a collective swoon at that moment! Nothing hotter than a hot guy being soft/sweet with a baby!

    I loved Billie singing in front of the mirror. Classic! I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry watching that. It was one of those moments that had such complex emotion tied to it. I think I started by laughing at her, but as Kat Stewart engaged me through shocking singing I became progressively sad for Billie. Also one of those moments that I know I have done (although not in front of a mirror).

    Garry McDonald shone in this episode. I loved how Noonan gave Nina a present for every birthday. I think what it highlighted that this whole paternity revelation isn’t all about Nina. That Noonan missed the opportunity to see his daughter grow up. When he said how proud he would have been when she graduated medical school – nawwwww. I also loved the meeting between him at Patrick. You could see Patrick looking at him and seeing Nina. Noonan delicately handled Patrick which again, was perfect. One thing we know is that the Patrick character seems to shut down if someone talks at him rather than listens. I love how he pointed out to Patrick that he smiles when he thinks about her. Can everyone say “nawwwwwww”. I think Nina owes her dad big time for that short convo.

    I was pleasantly surprised the way they got Mick and Billie back to a nice place in this episode. Not sure I buy it for the long term, but for the short term it works for me.
    Clegg in the bunny suit – seriously gold!!!! Who wants to see him do a strip tease for Cherrie dressed like that??? Bahaha!

    Can everyone say halleluiah for absolutely no sight of Adam!!!!!!!

    Of course the heartfelt scene at the end – adorable! I'm happy they got back together when they thought she wasn't pregnant, both admitted they wanted the baby, and found out she was indeed pregnant at the end. Will be very interesting next season - full of crazy pregnant Nina antics!! I wonder what we can expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fee enjoyed your recaps of the recaps too!

      Adam in the promos was a red herring for sure!

      "Noonan delicately handled Patrick which again, was perfect. One thing we know is that the Patrick character seems to shut down if someone talks at him rather than listens" I so agree with that. And Matt Le Nevez I am coming to think is pretty good with the quiet, intense moments and manages to hold his own with Asher. And Garry McDonald as you say shone-its a pleasure to watch him, like a masterclass in acting.

      And is it just me or did Asher, a good looking woman anyway, look amazingly lovely this season?

      Actually the bit where Nina imagines herself having a baby was funny too.

      While I did say the writing was weak, there are constraints in the 13 ep format with a multi-cast so its not entirely the writers fault. They have managed to create a much lauded series after all.

      Delete
    2. Naww thanks SombreFilly. I just love being about to discuss it with other Offspring addicts!

      Asher is just one of those natural beauties :) A blonde Sandra Bullock. I think she has always looked great. Maybe they have a bigger budget this year for clothes etc?

      I have really enjoyed the season.

      Delete
    3. I agree great recap Fee! Might have to get you to be my co-recapper next season.

      Delete
    4. Nawww thanks Felicity! What a compliment. I would totally be up for that :)

      I went out and have bought all the Offspring DVD's so I won't go in too much withdrawal...

      Delete
  6. My goodness, the look on Patrick's face in the last scene was so priceless, so heart wrenching. It would be such a huge moment for his character and his reaction really said it all. He shined more than Asher in that scene, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think Matt LNs acting ability has really been evident in the last 3 episodes. especially loved the scenes when he went to Nina's house thinking she was sick, the carpark scene with Gary Macdonald last night and also even though I hated the script of the last lemonade moment he just played it so sensitively I found myself really moved despite being annoyed.

      Delete
    2. You wouldn't be able to cast just anyone to play next to Asher Keddie. I think Matt has done a great job.

      I do think that his physical comedy could use work (but who better to learn from then Asher). I found when he "dislocated" his shoulder, it looked a bit..um - forced? odd? staged? I can't think of the right word.

      Yet he is great at verbal comedy, banter, being cranky, broody, sad, happy and of course being pretty :)

      Delete
    3. yes the pretty factor certainly helps him along :)
      After my initial jubilation and the series finale, I am somewhat worried as to what twists and turns they will take Nina and Patrick on over a further two seasons...will have to wait and see

      Delete
    4. My thoughts exactly! I couldn't bear seeing his character get back into drugs...or cheat. It would just ruin the Patrick/Nina thing. He seems like such an honorable man. Hope they don't lose the baby too...how excruciating. After this season, don't know how I could bear another painful experience!

      I clearly spent too much time thinking about this.

      Delete
    5. I see what you mean Fee but to me the physical comedy on the whole seemed over egged, including the Nina drunk scene.

      Jaira I think they indicated that the drugs is history but if S3 is any indication there is a temptation to build up the drama and then conclude happily. Nina-Patrick is always rocky. I guess they are working on the push-pull romance. But to me it would be better if they did more of the verbal banter Fee mentions than getting heavy handed.

      Its OK you can keep thinking about it!

      Delete
    6. See I loved Asher's drunk scene :) Maybe she just owned it more?

      I always love a bit of healthy banter!

      Delete
    7. Fee I agree - all the Nina (and Clegg) scenes are always funny, they own it every time. Just the scripting was what I meant.

      And somebody needs to put the Billie singing clip on youtube!

      Delete
    8. Nadene, I too was moved by the lemonade scene.. *sigh*

      I guess thats the measure of good actors, when the audience doesn't totally agree with the way the story is developing but keep watching as the actors keep us engaged in the characters.

      Delete
    9. Fee, Nadene agree re the lemonade scene. MLN is good at the quiet, emotional bits. Judging by the mamamia article Fee posted, looks like S4 might be a bit of a wild ride for Patrick and require Matt (and Asher of course but that's to be expected) to show his acting chops.

      The observations here are more interesting than facebook etc. I don't think I want to hear one more reference to Matt acting in 50 Shades of Grey!

      Delete
  7. Yeah season 4 and 5 have been announced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be thinking that if there is going to be any rocky Nina/Patrick moments in season 4, it will be when it gets to approximately the same time in the pregnancy that Patrick lost his son, and he will go into some sort of panic/anxiety thing and freak out on her.

    Season 3 was very very frustrating with Nina and Patrick. There were times I wanted to throw the remote at one or both of them when they were having "douche" moments.. I have never felt so many emotions in such a short time frame as I have watching this fantastic show. And yes, I'd love to see N&P more verbal in their disagreements than just running away!

    Love your recaps :D I giggled like an idiot at the blindfold "safeword" pic LOL She has her very own Christian Grey huh! Without all the kinky f**kery (that we know of!! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathi! And extra points for spotting the sort of hidden 50 Shades of Grey reference. I was going to make that caption a direct joke, but then with the recap the other week named 50 Shades, I thought it might be too much!

      Especially for soft-porn based on Twilight fan-fiction.

      Delete
    2. I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey - but when I saw the safe word screen cap (at work btw) made me almost spit my tea out onto my computer :)

      Random thing that I have seen on the Facebook page "Dr Patrick Reid on Offspring is a massive spunk". There is a "design a mug" competition - the most likes win. Felicity your screen-caps always make me laugh. I think you should enter.

      Also there is talk that people will be able to purchase the mug and a percentage will go towards a charity like SIDS and Kids.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for these recaps, I have loved reading them each week.

    I agree that while the happy ending was fabulous, and I would have hated a cliff-hanger, I did want MORE from the actual reunion. More words than just “my fault” and ”I want to be with you” and frankly I wanted them in each other’s arms for longer!

    I also wanted more from the Mick & Billie resolution – more than a quick chat in the bottle shop. I think the writers/producers tried to cram too much into the episode, if they had resolved the Jimmy/Zara and Clegg/Cherie thing the previous week, they could have put more detail into the Nina and Patrick, and Mick and Billie reunions, which is what I really wanted to see.

    After reading TV Week and TV Soap in the previous week, I really thought Nina wasn’t pregnant. My biggest concern with Nina actually being pregnant is will they manage to get more shirtless Matt le Nevez into seasons 4 and 5? Maybe I am too shallow!!

    Definitely plenty of storylines they can still use, just because everyone seemed happy on Nina’s 35th birthday, doesn’t mean any of them can stay happy for more than 5 minutes! Can Jimmy stay this mature? Will Cherie accept Clegg’s proposal? Will Phillip turn out to be the love of Geraldine’s life? I’d like to see/hear more about Patrick’s past with drugs, I think its been glamourized a bit, doesn’t mean he has to relapse, there is plenty of potential drama and angst in just talking about it – share Patrick, share! I’d still like to see Patrick sit down with Nina and show her the Gus scrapbook Jodie made him – again, share Patrick, share!

    Is it a worry I am so wrapped up in these fictional characters?!

    I have actually tweeted Michael Lucas (one of the writers) this but for season 4, aside from some version of happily-together for Nina & Patrick and Billie & Mick, I want more Clegg, more Kim, more Kate, bring back Andrew, and we need a backstory for Zara (where the heck are her family and friends?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lou, thanks for dropping by and commenting. I agree the finale felt rushed and the Billie/Mick resolution seemed the most rushed. After almost a season of planting the seeds of him cheating, and her spendng the past two episodes deeply worried about it, to have it all resolved in a quick bottle shop chat, didn't pay service to the storyline. It almost cheapened the connection he and Feisty were supposed to have.

      Delete
    2. it will be really interesting to see how they handle the sex and pregnancy issue. i guess it will depend on how ready they think the audience is for this. i saw an interview in which Deb Oswald said they thought the blood in the shower scene might be too risky for Australian audiences and be objected to be channel 10 which surprised me a little given its 2012. definitely we need more conversation from Patrick and Nina definitely in the next series - they are better when they banter, sort out and discuss.

      Delete
    3. I definitely think they will "go there" with sex and pregnancy.

      Delete
  12. Apologies for the link, normally don't advertise it. Experimenting with tumblr - I and do this for my friends but thought I'd share given how much I have been lurking here.

    The tumblr recaps are completely frivolous. The more serious fan discussion has been here:-)

    http://fragmentsofaperfectheart.tumblr.com/post/27103078667/offspring-3-13-the-digested-watch-and-pictorial

    Lou, some good points there. I don't like some of the soap opera elements like the drugs (surely it could just be depression, drifting and then returning to a job!) but I guess that's how it is with TV scripts. And good pick up on the Gus album - should have been in Ep 13.

    PS: Judging by FB comments people seem to think only of wild soap story lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey SombreFilly, plug away! I just checked it out, and it's funny! I love it and am equally jealous at how much easier it looks. I need to curb my words!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Felicity. Tumblr is great for pics but not for text. And the Offspring demographic there is very young - though also enthusiastic and great with gifs!

      I like witty text. A lot. So I really enjoy all the long recaps you do, do not curb!!

      Delete
    3. Please do not curb your recaps - I prefer them as they are. I agree with the comment about facebook suggestions for plotlines. I read some and felt like screeching "this is offspring not Bold and the beautiful". I agree with Lous suggestions about the baby book needs to come out again and be shared and processed. I kicked myself for not realising the significance of the appearance of the book but I think i was so shocked at the cafe scenario (having worked closely with people who experience stillbirth I just don't think this would happen at a public venue). its great to share views with people who are similarly protective and obsessed about the Offspring characters. And to Lou, the possible decrease in shirt off action crossed my mind as well!

      Delete
    4. Agree - don't curb your words :)

      Delete
  13. I agree don't curb your words; they are very clever, funny and I love the pictures and captions. This site has saved my withdrawal.I hope we don't get a decrease in shirt off! I think interviews with Matt indicate they will show Patrick can be happy and hopefully develop into a character who can talk about his feelings with Nina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My recent withdrawals has resulted in me speculating on Nina & Patrick's Season 4 storyline...I see one or more of the below scenarios happening:

      1. Nina finally meets Patrick's parents (where are they?! Same with Zara's family) - I can't imagine they'd be horrible (cos they've covered that with Mick's mum. They could be quite loopy, like Meet the Fockers)

      2. Patrick sends Nina insane with paranoias about the baby - He could be hilariously anal about the pregnancy and gets quite controlling.

      3. Patrick meets another lady friend in the new hospital - A scenario I really wouldn't like to see, but in one of their interviews, Asher mentioned she thinks this could be an interesting storyline. I hope not, though. Patrick seems like a one-woman kinda man.

      That's 3 I could think of for the time being!

      Delete
    3. With 3. I think Asher was referring to either Nina or Patrick meeting a person of the opposite sex and just being close friends with them. There is always some question as to whether guys and girls can ever be 'just' friends (which I completely in the YES camp for).

      My wish list includes the following with the specific characters:
      1. More of Gary McDonald being awkward but soft and sweet.
      2. More Clegg being umm Clegg like.
      3. Development of Zara's background.
      4. Jimmy enjoying some professional success or being a uber stay at home dad.
      5. Kate providing more frank advice to Patrick.
      6. Nina showing a hilarious and honest take on pregnancy.
      7. Some healthy dynamic between Nina and Patrick.
      8. Billie being subtle like a sledgehammer in her comments :)
      9. Mick resolves the attraction issue.
      10. More comic banter between Nina and Patrick.
      11. Less insecurity in every relationship on the freaking show.
      Topics I want covered
      1. I would like to see the struggle for professional women to find that balance between baby and work (and the guilt that is felt by many who try and do both).
      2. I want the sexual desires of pregnant women to be addressed.
      3. I would be interested to see post natal depression looked at.
      4. I would love to see being a foster parent or adoption covered.

      Delete
  14. Jaira, I got the impression from S2 when Kate and Patrick are first introduced that they don't have parents but I may be wrong.

    Don't have too many storylines in my head...

    I like the Nina-Patrick banter of S2, they should have that again...and friction is fine or Patrick being anal, not another season of fake break and make. Platonic friendships (I agree they are possible) - might be interesting if not done in a soap way.

    Not a great fan of Mick's Music or Rosanna but I guess its part of the show and popular. Clegg and Cherie - they are good actors - but their storyline doesn't always make sense.

    And yes more of Doc Dad.

    Like the adoption angle suggested by Fee.

    Not terribly convinced about Jimmy man space upping either-some Jimmy stupidity should remain! And it would be interesting to see Zara-Geraldine.

    And as a reviewer wrote this is the only hospital without Asians:-) they should not introduce a character just for the sake of it but at least the hospital can more accurately reflect real life.

    PS: Still thinking about how they pulled off a perfect ending for S3 - I can see it appearing on 20 to 1 (ouch) in 20 years time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts for storylines. Hoping to see lots more of Nina and Patrick finding a way to communicate, move forward and be sexy abd passionate in this pregnancy phase. definitely want to see Nina balance work and motherhood and the struggles that come with that. .. So much good stuff comes from her in the hospital setting so they can't keep her away too long I think. Asher did lots of adjustment to motherhood in her role as Julia in love my way and it was so exhausting and painful - I'm not sure I want that for Nina - maybe just some crazy postnatal and childcare incidents all done in the neotic Nina way.
      I think the adoption angle for Billie and Mick would be great and move out of the garage. Could see hilarious scenes of Billie and Nina at a mothers group. I'm not sure what they will do with Jimmy if he is able to maintain his new found maturity..I can see he and Zara being a couple not to last but it would be good to see him professionally succesfful if in a zany kind of way. I hope not for infedility on Patrick on Nina's part. hopefully the writers can be more creative than that.

      As for Patrick's parents, the sister did mention what a good job they'd done of screwing them both up for relationships after the break-up but i didn't get the sense they were dead/ completely out of the picture. will have to rewatch season 2..
      And no one has mentioned Darcy...does he remain pining for losing geraldine forever or does he move on? And not that I want to see this covered but I could see them tackling loss of a family member as have not really gone there in any of the seasons.

      Delete
  15. Well given no one has mentioned Darcy I vote that if they do deal with the loss of a family member, it is Darcy. Another heart attack or something. In saying that the dynamic between him and Noonan still has a lot of offer...

    Alfie - should be healthy and amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree its got to be Darcy..if its anyone

      Delete
  16. Forgot to mention, I'd love to see more of Patrick and Dr. Noonan interactions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please, more Clegg, more Kim, more Kate (and some Reid family background), bring back Andrew (love his relationship with each of Mick & Billie), need backstory for Zara (where are her family and friends). Please also no infidelity storylines for Nina & Patrick or Mick & Billie, we're over that.

    I know I keep harping on about it, but I still want Nina and Patrick to sit down and talk about the breakup, more than just "I want to be with you no matter what" - why the night in motel room, why his panic at moving so fast and they only lived together couple of weeks, surely his new job out of obstetrics would help.... And I want to see him sharing the Gus scrapbook with Nina, with the comment "I should have shown you this a long time ago"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i desparately want this conversation as well. lets hope they write it..the whole hotel room thing was extremely confusing for the audience. I think Patrick has a lot of explaining to do and really patrick and Nina need to learn to be vulnerable with each other this seemed to be the major problem in their getting back together.
      And I hope they do the horseriding holiday pregnant or not pregnant. I loved that tiny horserising imagination sequence!

      Delete
    2. It's not the first time Patrick spend the night in a motel as well. He did this after he first told Billie about losing a baby. I think the thought of his baby or losing a baby brings him back to a dark place and he needs to get away...maybe.

      Delete
  18. And also want to see Patrick talk about his past with drugs, no need to relapse, there is plenty of angst and emotional development in just talking about it. Think it's been bit glamourised so far.

    IF the spotting she had in the shower did result in an early miscarriage (despite the ultrasound looking ok, it is possible), they can have a "recovery" holiday away together, the horseriding trip he gave her for her birthday ... and just think how much fun they can have "trying" again ...

    Yes please to more witty banter! Some of the dialogue they exchanged, especially before they got together in season 2, was just fabulous ...

    ReplyDelete