Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Offspring Recap Interrupted! Thanks Ten Catch TV

I have an excuse, I promise. When my Mama says 'how about you come over for a roast tonight' - you don't reject that. Single peeps who live alone will back me up on this - anytime some one else offers to cook, you take it. When it's your mother's roast, by GOD YOU RUN THERE!

But I had great plans my friends, to come home and catch up TV and recap my little heart out. Sadly Network Ten and their constantly freezing player didn't agree with my plans so alas, tonight - no recap. I've got notes and some images for the first 10 minutes of the ep and notes for the last 15 minutes - this doesn't make a good recap for anyone. So standby, and hopefully by Thursday evening Australian time, we'll have this thing sorted. 

While waiting for a possible resolution, I was checking my blog stats as one does and looking to see how people are finding me. I really think my Google search word terms that people have to Dear Pop Culture are true indicator as to who I am and seriously, Dr Quinn, Logan Echolls and Offspring is pretty much who I am.


In case you're new to my world and wonder how these articles are linked - here we go:

Logan Echolls - You'll find him (oh Logan) in my ode to TV Crushes: Early 2000s, right next to Josh Lyman.
Jonathan Brandis - Not surprisingly, he's featured in my ode to TV Crushes: Late 80s/Early 90s and that's also where you'll find banter superstar Dexter (Spike) Fletcher, from Press Gang AND flowing locks and wounded soul heart throb Sully, from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.
Dear Pop Culture - Hopefully self-explanatory. 
Offspring Season 4 - Clearly everyone was keen for the next season, and my recaps are here and also the wants and wishes for S4 which way back in July of 2012 look awfully interesting now!
Kyle Chandler - Oh Coach Taylor you sexy Southern man,women forever swoon and I currently do, as evidence in my ode to TV Crushes of Today.
Angel David Boreanaz - Awwh, the first tortured and brooding vampire and bonus points, no sparkling. Yep, he's there in my ode to TV Crushes: Late 90s along with my other late 90's man Noel Crane, from Felicity - I would have picked you Noel! 

2 comments:

  1. As always your review of Ep 1 was good!

    I didn’t see Ep 1 but saw Ep 2 and I was wondering if they had taken wants and wishes into account, especially Kate’s storyline!

    Unfortunately Ep 2 left me underwhelmed. I know the nurses function as a chorus but everything involving them felt like forced hilarity (let’s not even go near Cherie and Clegg, what have they done to Clegg). Which is unfortunate since the whole set up is so interesting – some of the nurses extras were quite inspired.

    And pregnant Nina – I didn’t think I would say this but Asher doesn’t seem to have quite got a grip on her character in S4 falling back into ditziness (really all that wild thoughts about Eloise! Why?) as the way forward.

    There’s isn’t much of Patrick but I think MLN in a quiet way does give the sense of someone trying to keep it all in check, determined to be a better person and partner (and eventually father). And to some extent it’s not Nina’s journey that is interesting here, it’s what is Patrick going to do in this situation, is it going to be the making of the man so to say.

    Of course the best part of the episode was Billie, suddenly I lost interest in Nina and wanted to see what Billie was going to do. In Kat Stewart’s capable hands she is like a modern virago with an attentive husband (I think I am supposed to like Mick/Eddie but somehow am lukewarm) and all kinds of family issues from being the less talented daughter. The Billie-Darcy bit (and John Waters is consistently good as Darcy) – a daughter trying to take on her father’s business seems so much richer in content. It’s an interesting plot twist by the writers, hopefully they won’t fritter away the early promise in subsequent eps.

    It keeps a show fresh to have new characters but its early days yet as there seem to be not 1 but 3 of them.

    At any event so far I am undecided on whether to stick with it but typically the show always hits a high in later episodes so its hard to say anything else at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete