Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear TV Crushes from Late 80's/Early 90's

Jonathan Brandis, Seaquest DSV

Awwh, what a cutie right? He was my first ever TV crush, so innocent and sweet and with really, really pretty hair. The show Seaquest DSV, was my first foray into futuristic worlds and of course, I loved it and it was probably a sign of things to come. The character of Lucas wasn’t all that special; he was the token kid of the craft and didn’t really have any romantic storylines – thank goodness because I probably would have cut the girl!

Sad footnote, childhood superstardom took its toll on Jonathan and he passed away in 2003. RIP

Dexter Fletcher, Press Gang
SPIKE! And don’t judge the jacket kids, because he was part of the super couple of Spike and Linda (thankfully in a time before couple hybrid names became the norm: imagine the horror of shipping Spinda?!). This couple was fiery, banter filled awesome, with Linda the control freak Editor and Spike the wise cracking reporter who rocked Ray Bans before everyone else. Linda and I also shared the same hairdo so I thought it was only a hop, step and skip to my very own Spike.

They shared some of the best back and forth dialogue, with my most favourite episode being the reunion of the super couple, after he secretly returned from America to the UK – sparks really fly from minute two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBihA7_fSPA&feature=related

 It was hot, they were hot, and I shipped them BAD!

Sully, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman

Do I even need to explain? I’m mean come on, he’s got flowing locks, he’s on a horse, and carrying a wounded soul and a weapon! Sully was the non-Native American, Native American who supported Dr Michaela in convincing the Western town to support her in her efforts to be a Doctor. He was also sporting the mega burden of having his wife die tragically in child birth and spent many an episode looking soulful and sad. He was quiet and softly spoken, yet manly and could defend Dr. Mike’s honour like a badass. The chemistry was so smouldering that Jane Seymour tapped Joe Lando for a few seasons off screen as well as on screen.
Dean Cain, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman


Now Dean Cain is a sad sidenote to Teri Hatcher but back then he was SUPERsexy. He made the cover of my science folder and lord knows, I never did any work. The character of Clark Kent was very vanilla and actually it was the will they, won’t they aspect that was hot and the show suffered terribly once they joined them together but still, Dean was at the time, a super buff leading man, who often looked broodingly at Lois and as you’ll come to realise, I can’t resist a brooder!




Part Two of My TV Crushes is when I become a WB poster child, worshipping Angel, Noel (forget Ben) and the almighty transcendent Pacey Witter.

5 comments:

  1. mmmm mmmm mmmmm *drools* especially Spike and Sully! I had those crushes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I had a crush on Dylan Mckay aka Luke Perry when I was younger. I look back now and think omg what were you thinking girl??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OO I loved Sully . I wonder what he's doing now. He was rather spunky back then.

    I'll have a read of your book excerpt later today. Must dash and get 3 wet kids from school shortly:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness me I had EXACTLY the same crushes as you!

    ReplyDelete